Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

My experience in using Abacus System

During my intership in CS Holidays travel agency in Jalan Tengku Abdul Rahman KL, i was taught on how to use Abacus system for airline ticket reservation. By using the system, i was able to search for all available flights together with the connecting flights to any routes in just an instant. After done multiple times of practicing, I was able to attend customer requirements as fast as possible, even during conversation on phone. However, the system was complex that it took me a while to learn the instruction coding of the system. The system used alphabets and digits to work the system. For example if I want to display schedule flights for specific date, I need to enter 'S14NOVKULHKG' and then the system will response with t schedule of flights I required. Using Abacus System, I was able to retrieved any information I required such as weather condition, flight schedules, airport code, country code, connecting flights available, time for departure, time of arrival, the length of the flights, available seating arrangement, special service requested and more.

Example in picture: Display of Abacus system
 

0 comments: